What is BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot? Is it a 4G/4G LTE network like another telecom operators in India who are offering 4G services. In India, Reliance JIO is offering 4G through VOLTE on PAN India basis, and Airtel is advancing 4G through LTE technologies according to with their license in some circles.
Now BSNL is offering their 4G data services through BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspots. This provided hotspot is more beneficial than other telecom operators in the country.
Now we confer the detailed info on this BSNL 4G WiFi plus hotspot so that you can know how these are more useful than others and how you are beneficial with this BSNL 4G plus hotspot.
Let’s start this BSNL 4G plus hotspot info from hardware.
What are the hardware equipment’s involved to render the services?
- One BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot is holding two units in the size of tiffin box. They are
- AP (Access Point)
- POE Switch
- These two units will works on 230 volts AC power.
What can AP(Access Point) do?
- It is the point to join customer’s wireless devices (mobiles, Tablets, Laptops, etc..) with WiFi signals.
- Each Access point will provide a range of 40 to 50 meters of wireless data coverage.
- At a time 150 numbers of customers will get connected into the network to use the internet.
- This access point will send the web traffic generated by the customers to POE switch through a CAT5 cable.
What will POE switch do?
- POE switch will have two nodes. One will connect to the internet through transmission media provided.
- The other end connects with one or multiple A.P’s provided. The internet traffic generated by connected AP’s will send to NIB through the transmission media.
BSNL 4G plus WiFi Hotspot services offered to customers
When we entered into our home, we are switching on the Landline broadband WiFi modem and selects our WiFi modem name or SSID to connect to our subscribed high-speed internet.
Like this, I and you when entering into a BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot zone, we can see three types of SSID’s in our mobile or wireless devices.
As per the service required, we can connect to that SSID to enjoy the seamless internet WiFi. The three types of BSNL 4G plus WiFi Hotspot services or SSID’s offered to customers are
Let you know about the three topics briefly.
BSNL 4G Plus
Who can use this new BSNL 4G Plus services?
- The customers who can subscribe for BSNL 2G/3G data plans are allowed to use this service.
- When you enter into a WiFi hotspot zone of BSNL, then you will connect to BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot each time automatically.
Are there any charges to use this service?
- No there is no extra fees for using this 4G Plus hotspots of BSNL, and the consumed data billed in the subscribed 2G/3G data plans.
How can we use BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot If not subscribed to BSNL data plans?
- There is no way to connect to BSNL 4G plus SSID, if not recharged with BSNL 3G internet plans.
BSNL 4G plus Speed
Do you know what the speed of these services is? Let’s take a look about that.
- The highest rate of speed in this BSNL WiFi hotspot zone using any option is 20Mbps.
- If you are in BSNL 3G coverage area, at present, it gives 4 to 8Mbps, but you can avail up to 20Mbps in WiFi hotspot area of BSNL by using the same 3G data packs.
The customers who didn’t subscribe for BSNL can use this WiFi hotspot service. It means other network users or any Laptop/wireless device users who want to use the internet using BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot access can use this option.
For this, the user can get 100MB free data at first time on registration. After completion of that open data, you can buy the separate WiFi data packs of BSNL available online utilizing BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot for that login session.
BSNL Broad Fi
The customer who subscribes for BSNL landline broadband can exercise these Broad Fi services when he/she enters into a BSNL 4G Plus WiFi hotspot zone.
The patrons who will use this BSNL Broad Fi do not have to use any vouchers or data plans to utilize the hotspot network.
Also, there are no charges for BSNL Broad Fi data connection or usage. Utilizing the BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot services by using this option, you will have to input your landline broadband user id with password.
So, that the entire consumed data by using 4G plus hotspot using BSNL Broad Fi will be billed in landline broadband service and all the plans are treated as BSNL Hotspot unlimited plans.
Who can maintain this BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspots
- ISP selected and outsourced to L&T (Larsen and Turbo) for installation and maintenance of this new WiFi Hotspots. L&T company has given a subcontract to JAVI for installation and to attend the faults.
- After installation and visiting the errors at any time, JAVI team will support. For that BSNL executive will have to give the feedback to JAVI team. It is all for proper maintenance of BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspots.
What is the vital role of BSNL employees in this WiFi hotspot services?
- The major role of BSNL employees is communicating with the customers directly. It is at every hotspot locations with necessary hoardings about the activation pattern, tariffs, and usage.
- Also, identifying the best locations to install 4G Plus WiFi hotspots.
In a bid to counter private mobile operators, these BSNL 4.5G hot spots are necessary for this present competition. Also, day by day BSNL 3G data speed is decreasing due to the heavy increase of customers on the 3G network.
To divert the traffic and to offer great speeds at same 3G rates, BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspots is the solution. It is the best service to provide mesmeric internet facility by using BSNL Mobile Data Offloading (MDO).
The recent entry JIO also introduced their hotspot devices separately to use their hotspots. But with BSNL 4G plus WiFi, it is not required to buy a hotspot device. So, use this service and make your mobile as a BSNL WiFi hotspot device.