Do you know what is BSNL Broad Fi and how this continuous service of BSNL is useful to a user? BSNL made more improvements since the launching of WiFi hotspots. At first, only open WiFi is available in a hotspot zone. Now it is available with three options on the launching of mobile data offloading (MDO) service under mobile services.
In this new launch of MDO services, BSNL Broad Fi is the One. You and I know about WiFi, but this Broad Fi is a service connects you to the internet through WiFi with BSNL broadband user id in anywhere in India.
It means, if you are in BSNL 4G plus hotspot zone, you can enjoy unlimited 4G broadband on your smartphone or wireless device (Laptop, Tablet, etc..) through your home broadband connection.
BSNL has put more and more emphasis on its 4G Plus hotspot services. It’s all to connect every rural and urban customer with ultra speed wireless internet connectivity.
BSNL has continued to launch the next vision services. With this BSNL Broad Fi, a new revolution starts in this telecom world.
BSNL Broad Fi Details
Here we are submitting the total information through frequently asked questions, so have a look at this unlimited 4G internet services.
How many users can connect WiFi Hotspot using Broad Fi?
- At a time a maximum of 150 users will connect to BSNL 4G plus WiFi hotspot. It is by using any three types of SSID’s, i.e., BSNL 4G Plus, BSNL WiFi and BSNL Broad Fi.
Will BSNL Fiber to the Home broadband users also connects to 4G plus hotspots using BSNL 4G broadband?
- Yes, it is also allowed, but the speed in 4G hotspot using BSNL Broad Fi or any SSID is 20Mbps. Some of the FTTH plans allows 20 to 100Mbps speed, but it is not possible at hotspot location using BSNL 4G broadband.
Can we switch on the modem at our home?
- No, it is not required, there is no link between your home equipment and BSNL 4G plus WiFi zone. Using BSNL broad Fi, you can connect to the hotspot with BB user id only to use the same household BSNL WiFi connection at WiFi zone.
What is the difference between Broadband and Broad Fi?
- BSNL broadband is wired connection available at home or office. BSNL Broad Fi is a wireless service offered to the same customer at anywhere in India using the same broadband connection available at home.
- With one BSNL broadband connection, you can use the unlimited internet at home/office or at anywhere in India.
Can I connect each time when enters into a BSNL 4G WiFi hotspot?
- There is no need to connect each time when you select reconnect option, and it connects automatically to BSNL Broad Fi.
- It means when you enter into a BSNL 4G Plus WiFi hotspot zone, you will connect automatically to 4G broadband plans using BSNL Broad Fi. So that only, many of you call BSNL home broadband tariff as BSNL unlimited 4G internet plans.
Whether we get high speed when connecting WiFi hotspot even we subscribe low-speed landline broadband plans?
- If you subscribe to BSNL 249 broadband plan, you will get 1Mbps speed. If you subscribe to BSNL 999, then you will get 8Mbps up to FUP limit.
- The speed of BSNL 4G broadband plans using Broad Fi will reduce as per the FUP limit of subscribed landline BB plan.
Can we download BSNL 4G Plus App to use this Broad Fi service?
It is not required to download or activate 4G plus app. Just turn on your wifi and connect Broad Fi SSID with the procedure mentioned below.
4G WiFi dongle involved in this service or not?
- At anywhere In and Out, there is no involvement of 4G WiFi dongle in this service.
Any extra fees include in BSNL broadband bill for usage at WiFi hotspot?
- If you are using a limited plan in your home and gets connects with the same user id at hotspot zone using BSNL 4G broadband means you are using one connection from both the locations.
- At this situation, the consumed data usage will exhaust the prescribed FUP limit and leads to the excess broadband bill.
- If you subscribe to an unlimited broadband plan at home/office, there is no question of the surplus bill for the data usage at home/office or 4G WiFi hotspot zone.
Are there any other unlimited 4G broadband plans available for this service other than landline broadband?
- The available BSNL Broad Fi packs are latest BSNL home broadband plans available in your area through landline.
Can two mobile users use the same broadband username at a time?
- No, it is not possible, at a time only one user will connect to Broad Fi using BSNL broadband username and password. It is at any location from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.
Is there any particular BSNL 4G broadband plans available in the market?
- In PAN India, the existing BSNL unlimited 4G broadband plans are only available for all to connect WiFi hotspot using BSNL broad Fi.
- In some states, BSNL introduces separate Broad Fi plans of the limited and unlimited group. It is as per the requirement of the vendor at that location.
When requires raising a 4G plus complaint, to whom I can complain?
- There is no chance for a claim because it is a wireless network. If any connecting issues raised, please contact the local JTO / SDE of that area for necessary help.
BSNL Broad Fi Connecting Process
We present the step by step connecting procedure for BSNL 4G broadband with the following screenshots
- Note down your own BSNL broadband user id and password
- Go to BSNL 4G Plus WiFi hotspot zone
- Turn On your WLAN or WiFi on your mobile handset or wireless device
- You will show the available WiFi networks (SSID’s)
- Choose BSNL BroadFi
- You will redirect to next page for necessary settings
- Check the following parameters for activation of BSNL BroadFi
- EAP method as “PEAP.”
- Phase 2Authentication as “None.”
- CA Certification as “Unspecified”
- Enter your BSNL broadband user id in Identity field
- Submit your broadband password in specified field
- Click on Connect
- Immediately BSNL 4G plus wifi hotspot will send the entered information to Broadband NIB and connects you with the broadband user id.
- If not connected it gives an error by showing the user id filed again.
- Then enter your BSNL broadband user id in Anonymous Identity also for BSNL WiFi sign in
- Confirm IP settings as DHCP mode and Proxy as None along with Security as 802.1xEAP
- Click on Connect again.
- Immediately, you will connect to 4G plus WiFi hotspot using Broad Fi (BSNL 4G broadband) and you will display the BSNL Broad Fi status as Connected.
BSNL Broad Fi Internet Speed
How much speed will I get in 4G plus hotspot using BSNL Broad Fi?
- You will get the rate as per the subscription of BSNL landline broadband plans.
- Ex:- If you subscribe to BSNL home broadband plans, then you will get the same broadband speed of your home plan when connects your wireless device at BSNL 4G WiFi Hotspot location using Broad Fi.
How to know BSNL Broad Fi IP address?
- Telecom brand connects you dynamically. The connected IP address changes every time when connects. You can check that IP by just clicking on the BSNL Broad Fi status.
- Immediately a new window will open with connected IP address and WiFi signal strength.
Telecom brand has also unveiled plans to launch different BSNL Broad Fi plans according to user requirement when approaches. If you are a corporate/enterprise customer requires different plans, approach BSNL to install 4G plus hotspot in your location with different yearly plans.
This BSNL BroadFi is going to be the best wireless internet service. It’s relatively straightforward to connect high-speed wireless internet.
Do you have any queries in this BSNL BroadFi service before or after activation? Let us know in the comments!