The era of BSNL 4G plus solutions started in the market using MDO services. Here you will know how to connect BSNL 4G plus using mobile data offload functions to enjoy the unlimited 4G internet?
Our India is on the verge of the transition from minute’s era to Megabytes era. Tele-density in urban India and the average has caused a hundred plus percentage and that in rural crossed 50%.
Indian society is a youthful society and craving for mobile Internet access on the ubiquitous basis. Urban, Suburban and Rural youth have been aspiring for online connectivity and 24/7 basis.
To grab the opportunity, BSNL proudly announced Mobile Data Offloading(MDO) service to mobile users of prepaid and postpaid services.
BSNL does not have the 4G spectrum to roll out the LTE services. To meet every growing need of customers for high-speed data downloads, deployment of BSNL 4G plus Wi-Fi hotspots with Mobile Data Offload and Broad Fi is the solution. Read this tutorial to learn more about BSNL Broad Fi service.
In any BSNL WiFi Hotspot location in India, the mobile customer can enjoy BSNL MDO service which offers three times faster internet speed than that of 3G.
BSNL 4G Plus invocation using MDO services would be quite simple with user-friendly activation process on smartphones (Android and iPhone). Also, Tablets with SIM of any make compatible with Wi-Fi standards.
Without getting late, let’s start about BSNL 4G Plus and how it used? In this topic, the first one we have to discuss is MDO service.
What is BSNL Mobile Data Offloading (MDO)?
Technically speaking, It means, BSNL mobile users can access wideband WiFi channels instead of narrowband 3G channels. It is possible at the location of BSNL 4G WiFi hotspot for getting three times faster speeds than 3G to enjoy the unlimited 4G internet.
Mobile Data Offloading(MDO) enables seamless migration of BSNL 3G data customers to continue using the service when enters into BSNL 4G plus Wi-Fi hotspots.
This MDO service is not available on the mobile network. It is a separate service link with BSNL 3G enables the user to have very high-speed internet at BSNL 4G WiFi hotspot covered area.
Benefits to Mobile consumers using BSNL MDO services
- BSNL 4G plus offers fastest Internet experience to a user than 3G with same 3G data packs.
- Did not use any individual packs for 4G WiFi, can use only 3G packages.
- Faster movie downloads within minutes at BSNL 4G WiFi hotspot.
- It creates better download experience with Facebook, Whatsapp Videos, Larger Images, and Twitter, etc..
- Ultimate faster access with Government services portals and more.
Why BSNL Mobile Data Offloading (MDO) introduced?
Since many years, BSNL prepaid and postpaid customers using mobile broadband with 3G data packs. After the beginning of iPhone era and with complete digitalization, laptops, and tablets launch with mobile data broadband capabilities.
Also, all the wireless devices are designed to download the extensive content at any time from anywhere. In an efficient way to satisfy their customers, BSNL has a chance introducing Wi-Fi by using existing 3G services.
BSNL 4G Plus will be a great hit because it delivers a secure data network using WiFi where all the new launching devices are designed explicitly with WiFi.
With Mobile Data Offloading(MDO) from 3G to Wi-Fi network, BSNL can add more data capacity to a user affordable and flexible.
In colleges, universities, there is enormous mobile broadband usage, With this BSNL 4G plus hotspots, the user rewards BSNL for reduced data cost for a better data 4G data experience.
This Mobile data offload is one of the priority things among mobile operators globally. BSNL is the first TSP in introducing Mobile Data Offloading (MDO) services in India. It is an alternative to 4G. It called as 4.5G because it offers enhanced data speed than 4G services.
This BSNL 4G WiFi using MDO services is a counter to some private TSPs in India who provides 4G. Also, this mobile data service would become faster than 4G service at BSNL 4G WiFi hotspot locations.
BSNL 4G Plus Activation Process
First of all, you have to download BSNL 4G Plus Mobile App. It is an MDO application for seamless WiFi for internet access without any 4G WiFi dongle or hotspot devices. You can download from Android play store for Android devices or from iTunes for iOS devices.
- After successful installation of the BSNL MDO app in your device.
- Enable WiFi on your device.
- Open BSNL 4G plus and click on BSNL Mobile User Offload.
- Let you open a pop window by asking you to continue to turn on your location from Google’s location service.
- Click on OK for BSNL WiFi sign in.
- You will show the connecting status in a pop window.
- BSNL Mobile Offload Session automatically comes to final status and upon successful completion gives you a welcome message as “You have successfully connected to BSNL 4G Plus”.
- IF you got an error for not connecting, follow the steps from the starting to join again.
How to check the status of BSNL 4G Plus
- After successful establishing of WiFi connection using BSNL MDO, you can check the bandwidth and settings as follows.
- Open your WiFi in your mobile settings.
- Click on BSNL 4G Plus which you have shown as connected status.
- You will get the signal strength, security type and IP address of the secure BSNL 4G WiFi hotspot connection.
- Authentication mode for EAP Method as SIM.
- IP settings as DHCP
- Proxy as None
Here you can see the other info on BSNL 4G Plus in the form Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and answers. Have a look at all of them to connect an unlimited 4G internet.
Without application can I use BSNL mobile data offloading service?
- No, you can’t connect to BSNL 4G plus using MDO service. It will connect and calculates the data usage of your 3G data subscription.
Are there any individual packs require to subscribe for using this service?
- BSNL mobile customers can use their 3G data plans to connect seamlessly using BSNL 4G WiFi hotspot to enjoy three times greater speeds.
If I have BSNL 3G Unlimited Plan can use at these hotspots?
- Yes, you can happily connect 4G plus using BSNL 3G unlimited data plans or combo vouchers which already subscribed and use 3G data as the unlimited 4G internet.
What are the charges for using this BSNL 4G WiFi hotspot if not subscribes to any 3G data pack?
- If not subscribed to any combo or Noncombo 3G data packs, your prepaid account balance will deduct at 10Paise per 10KB. It is applicable for your total usage(download/uploads).
How to know the BSNL hotspot location in a town/city in India is?
- Open your BSNL 4G Plus app in your mobile
- Click on horizontal lines shown in the top left(beside dashboard)
- Select Hotspot Finder to locate BSNL 4G hotspot.
- You will display the total list of BSNL 4G Plus hotspot’s available near your visited location.
Can other network customers will use this MDO service?
- BSNL 4G Plus using mobile data offload service can use only by the present BSNL mobile customers.
- The total billing would be done as per the subscription of 2G/3G data packs of prepaid or postpaid services or from the balance if not subscribed to STV’s/Addon’s.
Are there any APN settings for this BSNL 4G Plus?
- APN for BSNL 4G is not required here and separate APN for BSNL 3G also not installed. The only direct connection allows at hotspot coverage area. It is a new service but links with BSNL 3G data usage for billing.
With this complete tutorial now you know about BSNL 4G plus and how to activate this using BSNL 3G data subscription. Also how to find the hotspot location at your visited area.
So just move on to BSNL 4G Plus App download to enjoy the unlimited 4G Internet service at your location. If you have any queries or more info on BSNL 4G Plus using MDO services, please post here in the comments.