BSNL Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a facility for mobile users of any other network across India to join BSNL. It is without changing the current mobile number through a simple process at residing location to enjoy BSNL mobile services.
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) launched in India on 20th January 2011 and implemented by all the telecom network operators. This MNP facility gives more and more convenience to GSM/CDMA customers to retain their mobile number across any operator.
At first, MNP allows only in a single licensed service area. After that, MNP extends to all India and named as National MNP. With this NMNP, any customer of any state in India can easily retain their mobile number into another network.
PSU welcomes the mobile users from another network with BSNL Mobile Number Portability (MNP) by enabling them to retain their existing mobile number to Government owned company BSNL. It is also without additional charges and having no worry about a change of the mobile number of any state.
With BSNL Mobile Number Portability (MNP), you can enjoy BSNL prepaid and postpaid plan services at best rates with free roaming across India. PSU the only operator offers the lowest tariff for voice and BSNL mobile data in the present telecom market.
How Can I Port My Number with BSNL Mobile Number Portability
- At first, the customer has to obtain Unique Porting Code (UPC) by sending an SMS to 1900 in the format ‘Port Space 10 digit mobile number”. Any customer of any state can follow the same (even BSNL customer also from one state to other).
- Ex: – PORT XXXXXXXXXX by sending an SMS to 1900. In the case of Jammu Kashmir pre-paid mobile subscriber to get UPC – call 1900 instead of sending SMS.
- After sending SMS, immediately your operator will send a Unique Porting Code(UPC) to your mobile number with an expiry date.
- MNP code allotted to a subscriber shall be valid for fifteen days from the time of the request. After that, it expires automatically.
- Immediately after getting the MNP code, you have to visit the BSNL CSC (Customer Service Center) or authorized franchisee/ retailer to request for porting of your mobile number.
- Submit BSNL mobile number portability application form along with regular CAF (Customer Application Form) available at point of sale.
- After submission of the application form along with Proof of Address(POA) and Proof of identity(POI).
- The customer has to pay respective porting fees for processing (Presently BSNL didn’t charge any fees for porting into BSNL, Port-in charges completely waived off, only actual SIM price levied).
- A new BSNL empty SIM card will issue to you for activation of the porting number.
- BSNL entered all your profile into their database and made a Tele-verification call on your contact number to confirm BSNL Mobile Number Portability (MNP).
- After that, upon approval of a porting request. The whole porting process will take a maximum of seven days for activation.
- Then, you are required to change your SIM card in your handset when the old operator got disconnected the number.
- If you are a prepaid user, Recharge with any plan voucher of below-mentioned intends to avail the lowest tariff. If you are the postpaid user, then it will be automatically activated.
- BSNL MNP Offers 2017
- Once ported, the minimum time to stay in that network is 90 days. In the case of any problem, you will need to contact BSNL Customer Care numbers.
With the above BSNL Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process, after Port-In to BSNL network. The client can use the sim card on any mobile handsets or net setters or any iPads, smartphones. Like a regular user BSNL Mobile Number Portability (Port-in) customer can enjoy mobile services with any of the latest BSNL prepaid/ postpaid plans.
To reduce the existing tariff, Portable clients can use any applicable special tariff vouchers for prepaid and Add-on for postpaid. It should be for voice, data or SMS. You can avail all these at the lowest price in the present market. So enjoy all these only through BSNL Mobile Number Portability (MNP).