BSNL broadband users especially who are using SYRMA, SUPERNET, TERACOM, and IBALL make ADSL broadband modems are affected with Botnet Malware.
It leads to broadband disconnection in this July last week with modem Internet LED showing Red lamp. Now the solution is removing BSNL broadband modem malware immediately to get connected.
Many of the BSNL broadband modems in entire India are affected with this Malware. It is because of maintaining default password of BSNL broadband modems and other simple settings.
BSNL broadband modem malware effect
BSNL CMD confirms that there is no effect of malware on BSNL core network and billing. The simple solution to overcome this botnet malware effect is reconfiguring the modem, which will do by the BSNL staff or a user.
Also, it is arduous for BSNL broadband technical staff to reconfigure the modems by approaching every home immediately. As this is a simple configuration, which you can do it by yourself, please follow the below-mentioned steps.
After the attack, you might not be able to access modem URL, for configuring the modem. The BSNL broadband network circle after analyzing the problem suggestions to their best-beloved customers to be carried out to resolve the issue.
Different ways to remove BSNL broadband modem malware
- Reset (hard) your SYRMA, SUPERNET, TERACOM and IBALL broadband modems
- Change the modem login password instead of default admin to access the BSNL broadband modem.
- Reconfigure the BSNL broadband username and password.
- Configure wireless access point Wi-Fi activation again.
- Disable UPnP, CWMP (if available).
- Activate Access control list and provide secure IP addresses.
- Enable Firewall.
Update the firmware with the patch provided in BSNL Motive Selfcare software portal and restart the modem to factory default settings.
With this new configuration, you can easily manage your delay time to get access to the internet up to the time of BSNL staff attending the problem.
Follow the below complete info with user-friendly screenshots to reconfigure the BSNL broadband modem with out any assistance. It is all just to restore the internet connection without further delay. Also, it is to remove the existing BSNL broadband modem malware and further attacks.
Reset BSNL Modem to prevent BSNL broadband modem malware
- Make sure that your BSNL broadband modem is in power on condition.
- Take a safety pin or a needle which ever is near by you.
- Press and hold the reset spring provided in the reset hole up to 10-15 seconds.
- Check the modem LEDs.
- Observe that all the LEDs gets Off and again starts glowing once.
- The essential thing is that WLAN LED should be off permanently after resetting. It is the indication for modem goes to the default condition.
- Even after reset, if your WLAN LED is glowing means, you BSNL broadband modem is not reset. So, try to give 4-5 gentle presses with safety pin or needle.
- Repeat the procedure until WLAN LED gets off. If WLAN should off, then it confirms the Reset.
2. Reconfiguration of BSNL Modems
- Open your browser.
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit enter.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on Interface Setup on the Home page.
- Fill all the required fields in Internet option.
- Keep the encapsulation mode in PPPoA / PPPoE
- Provide the service name as BSNL.
- Username as given by your ISP and password as “password.”
- Scroll down and click on Save option.
Configure BSNL Modem WiFi Settings
- Now Click on Wireless option from Interface Setup to activate Wi-Fi.
- Selected Activated in Access Point available in Access Point Settings.
- Go to Multiple SSID Settings.
- Type your WiFi display name in SSID field.
- Change WiFi password in the Pre-Shared key field.
- Select Deactivated in Wireless MAC Address Filter (Don’t forget to do this deactivation)
- Click on Save the changes.
BSNL Modem Login Password Change
- Select Maintenance option in Home page.
- Click on Administration.
- You will show a username by allowing new password options.
- Provide your new password as your choice in New Password and Confirm Password.
- Finally, don’t forget to pinch on SAVE option here.
- With this, your modem is ready with your new login password to connect to the world.
Disable UPnP, CWMP (if available) and Activate Access control list to provide secure IP addresses
- Select ACCESS MANAGEMENT in BSNL modem home page.
- Click on ACL (Access Control List).
- Provide secure IP addresses as 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.20.
- Click on SAVE.
- Tap to UPnP shown at the right side top of the sub menu.
- Click on Deactivated in UPnP.
- Tap to Deactivated in Auto Configured.
- Click on SAVE button.
Modem Firewall Setup to prevent from BSNL broadband modem malware
- Tap Advanced Setup
- Click on Firewall
- Select Enabled in Firewall and SPI
- Select Save.
BSNL Modem Restart
- Finally, Go to Maintenance in SysRestart.
- Select Current settings and click on RESTART
Make every PC/Laptop Ethernet IPV4 property as “Obtain IP Address Automatically.”
If your personal computer(desktop) unable to identify the BSNL broadband modem, try to provide your system LAN IP address in the range as mentioned in secure IP addresses of ACL.
By following the above simple steps, you can reconfigure your BSNL broadband modem to get connected to the Internet to enjoy BSNL unlimited broadband plan benefits which you enjoyed previously.
With this above solution, you can completely obliterate BSNL broadband modem malware. Also, no cyber attacks will be possible with any new Virus, Malware, Spyware and to get control of your modem remotely.
Please share your experience in remove BSNL broadband modem malware and also ask here if you have any queries.