Today every mobile customer wants to access high-speed internet on their 3G, 4G smart mobiles. For accessing that in BSNL mobile, a gateway is required i.e. nothing but BSNL APN.
The full form of APN in mobile is Access Point Name, and it is the only gateway between a GSM, GPRS, 3G or 4G network and mobile for accessing the public Internet.
BSNL mobile device of any range from lowest to top end makes a data connection must be configured with BSNL APN to present to the carrier. The network will then examine the identifier to determine which type of network connection should create.
It means to access the GSM wireless Internet on 2G, 3G, 4G network for mobile requires an IP address in a secure method. It is BSNL APN. For mobile Internet and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS), the APN settings are different, because they are different services on the same network.
BSNL Configuration Settings For Mobile
We already discussed how to install APN settings for iPhone and also how to download BSNL GPRS setting online for any mobile. Now here we are presenting how to set BSNL APN settings manually for your android or windows phone.
These are the standard BSNL APN settings for data card and other devices also. You can set this manually for BSNL 3G activation at any time by tapping the settings option. The presented installation guide will help you a lot to do the same.
The given installation guide for BSNL GPRS activation will help you a lot to do the same. Because BSNL APN settings is a mandatory thing to work for mobile internet, without this BSNL 3G, 2G will not works.
The carrier supports four APN types i.e. Internet, WAP, MMS, and Stream. These vary from carrier to carrier. In olden days all the APNs are required for various services to do video calling etc.
Nowadays the only internet is the essential one to do all activities with one APN and became as a default setting. The customer can setup BSNL GPRS activation with APN or a selected one depending upon the requirement or if unable to download BSNL GPRS setting online.
The settings corresponding to the handset may install manually in that handset only. Let us see the details of BSNL manual APN setting for the Android device.
How to install BSNL APN manually
- Open the home screen of the mobile.
- Click on Menu button.
- Tap the Settings.
- Click on Mobile networks.
- Tap the Access Point Names.
- Click on ADD button displayed on the top right corner.
- Tap the Name field displayed and entered the name as you desired.
- Tap on APN and enter “BSNLNET“
- Click OK
- Check all the settings once as below
- Select More at top right.
- Tap the Save button.
- Immediately your installed Access Point Name is displayed
- Select the BSNL APN which displayed with your desired name (If not selected)
With this, your manual installation of APN’s for BSNL 3G activation is complete and ready to use on the Go. So recharge with any of the unlimited data plans of BSNL to access the mind blowing speed internet where ever you are. Also, have a look at some more queries for BSNL
Is any other rate process to change BSNL APN settings on Android?
Every subscriber can change the Access Point Name settings to default provides in BSNL SIM card or anything you required.
The process which follows for new installation of BSNL settings for mobile data is the same to Reset APN settings on any device. But it can do manually as below.
- Follow the steps as above up to Access Point Names. Your existing APNs are displayed
- Click on existing APN and follow as above only.
- Tap Name and enter which you require.
- Tap APN and rename as BSNLNET if other is available
- Click More and Save
Can we install any other BSNL APN settings for data card
- No, there is no other APNs. These are standard settings provide for mobile phone and data card or dongles.
What to do if BSNL 3G is not working even after installation of APN?
- Even after the installation of APN, if your BSNL mobile data not working means you have not register for BSNL 3G activation. So first register your acceptance with the following to get BSNL 3G connection on your mobile or GSM device.
Are there any best APN settings for BSNL 3G network to get a good connection speed?
- The only available Access point name is “BSNL NET.” It is the only BSNL APN available for all mobile users to get speed data.
What is the speed for BSNL APN settings?
The rate will differ according to the network connected at that time. The network speeds are.
- If connected GPRS (General Packet Radio Service), there is a maximum transfer rate of 50 kbit/s. In real time it is 40 kbit/second.
- Connecting with EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution) signal, there is a maximum download speed of 1 Mbit/s. In real time it is 500 kbit/s per second.
- If it connects with 3G, 3.5G like the signal H, H+, the customer will get a minimum of 3.6Mbps and maximum of 21.6Mbps.
If you want anything more on this BSNL APN settings installation, and also if BSNL mobile data not working ask us at any time here.