India’s Telecom Regulatory Authority of India(TRAI) on discussions held with all Telecom Operators, it has been decided to use DOT prescribed number 155223 for unsubscribing of Voice as well as for SMS based Value Added Services(VAS) with user friendly in a transparent manner via single Toll Free Number for SMS & Voice Calls.
It has been also decided to follow common procedure across all Telecom Operators (BSNL or any operator) for un-subscription of Value Added Services(VAS) and TRAI desires the implementation for SMS based arrangement by 1st February 2013 and for IVR based deactivation procedure by 28th February 2013.
With this new service “155223”, VAS activated mobile users can lodge their complaints on new number within 24 hours of activation, to deactivate the service and refund of deducted amount. If the user lodges a complaint after 24 hours of activation, customer will not be eligible for refund, but the value added service includes caller tunes will be deactivated on activated mobile number.
BSNL VAS (Value Added Services) Deactivation Procedure through SMS
- Customer will send an SMS with key word STOP to toll free short code 155223 for deactivation of VAS available to him/ her. Even if, the customer sends blank SMS to such short code, it is presumed to be a request for de-activation of VAS.
- On receipt of SMS from the customer, the server will pick up sequence number and name of the VAS available to the customer and send a response asking to press number of the Value Added Services(VAS), which he/ she wants to de-activate.
- Example:- The message may be like “Please type 1 for Tunes, type 2 for Jokes, type 3 for TV or type 0 for all by sending SMS to 155223 for de-activation”.
- On receipt of option SMS from the customer, the particular Valued Added Services will be deactivated with in a short time.
Value Added Services Deactivation Procedure through IVRS
- VAS activated Mobile User can just dial toll free number 155223, and select the language(in each State, the IVRS is available with an option of minimum 2 languages – English and the other) from the options announced.
- On dialing 155223, VAS activated user will be offered an IVRS recorded announcement about the list of Value Added Services activated on your mobile number.
- Example:- welcome to BSNL, you have activated the following VAS in your mobile, to Stop Caller Tunes Press 1, to Stop Jokes press 2 etc…(in case Caller Tune and Jokes are active).
In case of wrong key pressed or no key pressed for 10 seconds, user will be informed about the key pressed is wrong and the list of activated VAS will be repeated once again. User has to select the said key for deactivation of required VAS, after then user will receive an SMS informing that the request to deactivate the VAS has been received; it will be deactivated within hours. If VAS activated customer will not able to press correct key again, call will be transferred to a call center agent.