India’s Telecom Regulatory Authority of India(TRAI) on discussions held with all Telecom Operators, it has been decided to use DOT prescribed number 155223 for unsubscribing of Voice as well as for SMS based Value Added Services(VAS). With this user friendly BSNL VAS deactivation number, a customer can clear the unwanted valued added services in a transparent manner via single Toll Free Number for SMS & Voice Calls.
It has been also decided to follow common procedure across all Telecom Operators (BSNL or any operator) for un-subscription of Value Added Services(VAS) and TRAI desires the implementation for SMS based arrangement by 1st February 2013 and for IVR based deactivation procedure by 28th February 2013.
With this new service BSNL VAS deactivation process at “155223”, VAS activated mobile users can lodge their complaints on a new number within 24 hours of activation to deactivate the service and refund of the deducted amount.
If the user lodges a complaint about BSNL VAS deactivation after 24 hours of activation of service, the customer will not be eligible for a refund. The Value Added service also includes caller tunes to deactivate on the activated mobile number.
BSNL VAS Deactivation Procedure through SMS
- Customer will send an SMS with keyword STOP to toll-free shortcode 155223 for BSNL VAS deactivation available to him/ her. Even if, the customer sends blank SMS to such shortcode, it is presumed to be a request for BSNL VAS deactivation.
- On receipt of SMS from the customer, the server will pick up sequence number and name of the VAS available to the customer and send a response asking to press a number of the Value Added Services(VAS), which he/ she wants to complete BSNL VAS deactivation.
- Example:- The message may be like “Please type 1 for Tunes, type 2 for Jokes, type 3 for TV or type 0 for all by sending SMS to 155223 for deactivation”.
- On receipt of option SMS from the customer, the particular Valued Added Services will be will close within a short time on submitting a request for BSNL VAS deactivation.
Value Added Services Deactivation Procedure through IVRS
- VAS activated Mobile User can just dial toll-free number 155223 for BSNL VAS deactivation.
- Select the language(in each State, the IVRS is available with an option of minimum 2 languages – English and the other) from the options announced.
- On dialing 155223, VAS activated user will be offered an IVRS recorded announcement about the list of Value Added Services activated on your mobile number.
- Example:- welcome to BSNL, you have activated the following VAS in your mobile, to Stop Caller Tunes Press 1, to Stop Jokes press 2 etc…(in case Caller Tune and Jokes are active).
In case of the wrong key pressed or no key pressed for 10 seconds, a user will be informed about the key pressed is wrong and the list of activated VAS will be repeated once again. A user has to select the said key for BSNL VAS deactivation after then user will receive an SMS informing that the request through SMS for BSNL VAS deactivation and processed within hours. If VAS activated customer will not able to press correct key again, call will be transferred to a call center agent.