BSNL DND is the service offered for prepaid and postpaid mobile subscribers. It is to avoid unnecessary messages or calls from Telemarketers. Many of the people are suffering from unwanted telemarketing calls or telemarketers for the advertisements of their products through mobile in the way of SMS or Voice Call (IVRS Mode).
From 1st January 2011, now there is a way with new service DO NOT DISTURB by NCPR of TRAI(Telecom Regulatory Authority of India). This will allows all BSNL Mobile Plan Customers to completely block the telemarketing calls or predefined categories on registration with two modes for BSNL DND.
The client can set the preferences for BSNL DND through SMS or by IVRS. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has issued the detailed procedure to be followed by the customer to activate BSNL DND (Do Not Disturb) Services at any time in simple steps as follows.
How to activate or deactivate BSNL DND (Do Not Disturb) Services
- START0 to 1909: For Full Blocking(DNC).
- START1 to 1909: Receiving SMS on Banking/Finance/CC.
- START2 to 1909: Receiving SMS on Real Estate.
- START3 to 1909: Receiving SMS on Education.
- START4 to 1909: Receiving SMS on Health.
- START5 to 1909: Receiving SMS on Automobiles and Consumer Goods.
- START6 to 1909: Receiving SMS on Entertainment/IT/Broad Casting/Communication.
- START7 to 1909: Receiving SMS on Tourism and Leisure.
- STOP<Option> to 1909 : For Stopping existing option(s).
- Send STOP to 1909: Subscriber will be de-registered.
- START 2 or 3: the combination of different preferences but separated by Comma(,).
BSNL mobile users (voice and data) including MNP customers may also make a call on toll-free shortcode 1909. Terminating on the respective WS Call Centre and select his/her preference for the register, deactivation or change the preference through the IVRS for BSNL DND.
The customer can change the preference once chosen for BSNL DND. It is at any time on expiry of three months from the date of registration or last change of his request. All registration/change/deregistration requests have been generating from the same telephone number for which been asked.
Prepaid mobile customers and postpaid Services can check the status of Registration and DeActivation at http://pcpr.bsnl.co.in for BSNL DND (Do Not Disturb) services. There are no charges for activation and deactivation at any time. So, if you irritates with telemarketing calls, then send an SMS as above to activate BSNL DND.