The operator provides BSNL International roaming services on activation in 476 networks. It is across the world at about 195 countries by covering every corner of the world. At present BSNL International roaming facility is available for BSNL Prepaid and Postpaid mobile customers at cheapest charges with the broadest coverage across the globe.
PSU offers BSNL International roaming for voice calling along with data roaming facility across the world. International Roaming in Foreign operator’s mobile network requires a genuine, compatible mobile handset working in the frequency of that mobile operator bands used by the fibers in the new country visited.
How to Activate BSNL International Roaming in Postpaid
- An application should submit along with two photos & passport copy for International Roaming to BSNL authorities.
- He/she will charge Rs. 5000 as security deposit which was refundable and Rs. 99 as monthly rent for international roaming facility in addition to the standard plan charges and usage.
- After payment of a deposit, he/she will provide the International Roaming facility will present to the customers of BSNL Postpaid Mobile Plan Services.
- Before you leave, check that your roaming function has been activated or not by merely calling BSNL 24 hours customer service helpline 18001801503.
- After the arrival into foreign country insert the BSNL International Roaming SIM card in the mobile handset, switch on the handset.
- Go to Menu & click on CellOne and select as International.
- By selecting this, you will get a message – “Cellone and Partner Network.”
- Select the option Cellone then you will get the message “Cellone International Selected.”
If not works then, please select the network manually by selecting Setting then Network in your phone).
- The mobile facility would be available for this option only while you are abroad.
- While within India, keep this setting to National.(Go to Menu, Select CellOne or BSNL Mobile and then select as National)
- Roaming in Foreign operator’s mobile network requires a compatible Handset which is capable of working in frequency bands used by the networks in the country visited.
The charges are variable depending on the foreign operators. The detailed International Roaming Tariffs of various countries & Coverage of BSNL Mobile International Roaming is updated.
All the Voice Calls including Customer Care are chargeable while the customer in overseas. The charges are operator dependent and charged for a 60-second pulse and SMS is charged for 160 characters for one outgoing SMS after that it will treats as 2 SMS
Direct GPRS International Roaming has been launched by BSNL Commercially as on 21.06.2011 with 131 foreign operators in 83 countries. The Charges for GPRS/Data usage will charge concerning the volume of data sent or received, these charges are variable & utterly dependent on foreign operators, the local plans for GPRS/Blackberry which you have selected already are not valid in overseas.
BSNL Mobile International Roaming – Tips
- If you encounter any difficulties while roaming abroad, you can book your complaint at www.ir.bsnl.co.in or contact BSNL via phone with calling to +919434024365.
- Check the Handset compatibility with Network frequency (GSM MHz 850/900/1800/1900) before traveling outside India and make sure that your handset will work in the country you are moving to Japan & Korea support 3G Hand Set, USA & Canada supports 1900 MHz Hand Set.
- To call back home dial the number with “+91”.
- Certain GPRS based applications viz. GPS, Facebook, Blackberry messenger or any other instant messaging application etc. continuously consume data bandwidth leading to high Data-Roaming charges even when you are not using the same.
- This applies to smartphones and high-end GPRS capable handsets which poll (communicate with) the home network continuously.
- BSNL advises you to take an informed decision to keep these applications switched-on, while you are overseas. For any assistance in the matter, please call our customer helpline.
- Loss/Theft of SIM card or mobile phone while overseas should be reported to BSNL immediately at 18001801503. In case the theft has not declared all usage immediately till the time of reporting will be payable by the GSM Mobile Customer Only.
BSNL started Prepaid International Roaming Services for Prepaid GSM Mobile customers to access the International calls from abroad at cheapest customized plan tariff rates. It is like BSNL Prepaid ISD Special Tariff Vouchers which are already available in the market for voice calling from India with a simple process for Activation / Deactivation of BSNL Mobile International Roaming.