Next Generation Network VoIP calling service BSNL Wings launched. Now, any network’s SIM card not requires for voice or video calls. Just activate BSNL Wings and make unlimited free voice calls to any network or video call from anywhere in the world. Roaming services not required within India or Internationally. BSNL Wings facilitates Internet Telephony Service through Mobile/Laptop using any network’s Internet connection.
Wings Fixed Mobile Internet Telephony is an “APP” based calling service provided by BSNL allows a customer to initiate/receive VoIP calls within and outside the BSNL network either from his PC/Laptop or mobile. The new BSNL Wings calling service works on Windows, Android, IOS platforms and can register on any device of customer’s choice.
With this new BSNL Wings, a customer can make calls to any landline, mobile or BSNL Wings number and LFMT (Limited FMT) numbers. It uses the packet switching technology and makes communication possible over IP networks such as the Internet without a SIM card. 10 digit BSNL wings number should allot to a customer without a SIM. Voice and Video calling facility available on this number. Also, Multiple BSNL wings connections can register on a single device using different SIP Client/Calling APPs.
The Android or iOS applications like WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Hangouts, Google Duo, Facebook Messenger are also offering voice calls using data service. These all restricted to connect with the same Apps only in between two persons. But BSNL Wings allows to call to any network number using internet of any operator and it is the special feature offers to a customer by Indian Government’s telecom brand.
How to apply for BSNL Wings?
- A specific CAF (Customer Agreement Form) is available in any of the CSCs (Customer service center) of BSNL. It may be filled up & submitted, with the required documents. Email ID and Phone number are mandatory to apply for BSNL Wings.
- Details are entered by executives in BSNL database with selected and required facilities by a customer.
- Customer inputs on a Mobile number and email ID are mandatory.
- Demand Note is generated to the customer similar to Land Line order request. Post Demand note payment, the order is submitted.
- The order gets completed through BSNL Auto Provisioning implemented in the normal Flow (There is no Outdoor, MDF, LMG task involved in this flow).
- Upon completion of BSNL Wings work order generates a unique PIN and it is communicated to you via email along with NGN portal URL for self-registration.
How to activate BSNL Wings?
- Portal registration is to be done by the user for the first time to activate BSNL Wings service.
- The customer should log into the NGN portal and activate the wings number by creating a password of his choice.
- Use either your social media account like Google/Facebook/Twitter/ Linkedin to log in to the portal (Or) Do fresh registration in the portal (You should create the username, password with your valid email id while registration)
BSNL Wings Tariff
Attractive tariff is announced on PAN India basis. There is no fixed monthly charges and one year free calling to any network in India. National and International roaming facility is available.
|Particulars||BSNL Wings IP Telephone Service Tariff|
|Registration charges (One Time)||Rs 1099|
|Installation / Activation Charges||NIL|
|ISD Deposit for Outside INDIA Territory Calling||Rs 2000|
|Voice Call Charges||Local / STD free voice calls to any network for One year in India|
|All ISD (International) calls are as per the existing landline tariff (MOU basis)|
What is VoIP or SIP?
- VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol. This is the open–standard set of protocols for the packet technology utilized in this Value Added Service (VAS).
Difference between already available LFMT and the new BSNL Wings Service
- With LFMT, a subscriber can receive and originate calls through the APP installed in his smartphone connected on WI-FI to his BSNL broadband modem (within WI-FI range) or through BSNL WiFi hotspots. It restricts to BSNL data service (broadband, ILL, etc.) as the path for the VoIP data packets.
- Whereas, Wing’s subscriber can use the internet connection from any operator’s 3G/4G/Broadband internet/Free Wi-Fi Hotspot to receive and originate his fixed line calls through the APP.
How is it different from voice calling on Other SIP-based APPs?
- In SIP based APPs, the called party should be online on the APP at the time of calling. Calls can make only to customers using the same APP, but not to any landline or mobile number. Whereas in Wings, a customer can make/receive calls from any other wings as well as without Wings numbers like NGN, Mobile, ISD, NLD, LFMT numbers whether BSNL or others
Advantages of BSNL Wings
- No SIM Required.
- Video and voice calling facility with Audio conferencing.
- One year free calling to any network in India.
- Calling Facility in Wi-Fi Zone.
- National and International roaming facility.
- Can use on any free SIP soft clients and on any operator’s internet connection.
- The service will give better voice quality where mobile signals are poor such as high rise buildings or peripheral areas or deep indoors.
- The large phonebook, recording, logging and other features of a Smartphone should utilize for making or receiving landline calls too.
What is the number for wings and what is the use of the virtual number?
- 10 digit Wings number (of NGN switch) will allot to the customer without a SIM and can use for voice and video calling.
Does it need GSM connectivity like 3G/4G?
- No there is no need to have a SIM or GSM connectivity for availing this service. The customer just needs active internet connection from any operator.
Does it work with Smartphone having SIM of the other service providers?
- Yes. BSNL Wings will work independently. Any smartphone having others SIM can also configure with BSNL Wings facility.
What are the charges for outgoing calls?
- Call charges are as follows:
- Free to any network for One year in India.
- International calls as per existing Landline Tariffs(MOU basis).
What are the charges for incoming calls?
- There are no separate call charges for incoming calls.
Will it work outside the buildings near home/office?
- Yes, as long as it is within the range of a WI-FI or there exists an active mobile data connection – this may extend indoors as well as outdoor.
Does it support Windows phone?
- Yes, it supports Android, IOS, and Windows too.
Can more than one BSNL Wings number register in one Smartphone?
- Yes, more than one number of connections can register on a single device for BSNL wings.
Can it work from any other Wi-Fi device like laptop or Phablet?
- Yes, it can work from any type of smart Wi-Fi calling devices like a laptop, Phablet, which can download the soft client.
Will BSNL Wings work with a feature phone?
- No, since it is APP based application. It requires a Smartphone, in order to download the SIP soft client.
How to download BSNL Wings App?
- There are many SIP soft clients applications which support BSNL Wings service. So download from Google Play store, iStore or Windows store. Several SIP soft clients are available for free download. The following are some recommended apps for BSNL Wings.
Are there any free calls provided?
- Promotional offer of One year free calling to any network in India is available.
Is a similar service to Wings provided by any other telecom service provider in India?
- Presently, this is a unique service provided by BSNL only.
Will there be a separate bill for BSNL Wings service?
- No, currently a promotional offer of One year free calling to any network in India is available.
So, the customers it’s now your turn to apply for BSNL Wings Internet telephony service at customer service centers. Registrations for Wings will start from 15th July 2018 and provide the services to customers from 25.07.2018. Be an early bird to use BSNL Wings internet telephony on your mobile, Phablet, Laptop or in Desktop.