How much time does it will take to get BSNL refund of security deposit after surrendering a broadband or landline connection, and Is there any separate application form for refund?
The process is minimized now by the operator and issuing the refund at a minimum of one month and a maximum 90 days, Previously, in some of the cases, it will take nearly 6 months to one year, and it is all due to the lack of information on customer refund details.
To speed up the refund process, you just have to submit the following details at the time of closure for fast refund of BSNL security deposit with the change process,
|Si.No||Requirement for BSNL Refund of Security Deposit|
|1||Voluntary Closure Form|
|2||Photocopy of Bank account passbook/statement contains the Customer Name, Bank account Number, Name of the Bank, IFSC Code|
After submission of request to disconnect BSNL broadband / Landline or any postpaid mobile, the commercial section will issue the orders for the same, and within one week of completion of BSNL disconnection process, Refund initiation will start and credit the deposit amount to the customer directly to bank account submitted.
FAQs of BSNL Refund Process
- Whom will contact if we didn't receive BSNL Refund?
In every business area / SSA, appointed Accounts Officer / Junior Accounts Officer (JAO) is available for persuasion of refunds, and you may directly approach or call them and inquire about the delay in refunds
Even if you contact your concerned commercial section in your town/city, then they will contact concerned JAO or AO to know the status of delay for a refund.
- Can we get full deposit amount as a refund on disconnecting BSNL broadband?
No, if you paid the bills clearly and submitted the request to disconnect BSNL broadband connection, then the final bill may raise after adjusting the bill amount for proportionate days up to the closure
Example:- ISP releases the postpaid broadband bill in every month of the first week. It is by calculating up to the end of the day in the previous month. It means you paid the bill before submitting the BSNL disconnection request for the usage of the last month only. But the unbilled amount up to the closing date may adjust the deposit amount before issuing the refund.
- In what cases BSNL refund has been delayed?
The following are some of the reasons for the delay in BSNL refund
1. At the time of closure, the subscriber submits the wrong bank details like IFSC code, name and other.
2. If you submit any other family member details (Bank account details), then there is a delay, So provide the bank details of the customer who have the name in telephone records.
3. Also, there is a chance, if there is a wrong entry of the bank account details of the customer in BSNL refund entry.
- How to rectify wrong entries?
Submit a written request to concerned BSNL Accounts Officer of the ISP, then he/she will pursue the security deposit case and solve the refund issue.