Netizens and Many Persons/Staff of BSNL on Social Media and WhatsApp spreading that XYZ has consumed CASH RESERVES and Profits for their own purposes & made Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited to bleed, for this we present the analysis and facts presented by Bandhan Preet Singh, a Proud BSNL employee who tries to clear the air of confusion.
This is the continuation of our article on BSNL Profit and Loss which was already presented as per the analysis of Bandhan, so, now the question is Where does Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited used its Profits and Cash Reserves, check now in detail
The huge ₹50,000 crore balance sheet figure shown as reserve and surplus are surpluses from BSNL’s business, plus earlier ones dating back to the department of telecom period, but these are not free reserves, BSNL has invested it all, including depreciation, in new telecom projects, Within a period of four years, it invested more than ₹40,000 crore in new lines and telecom infrastructure and almost doubled its assets.
Its true that BSNL is in Red since Financial Year 2009 2010, and there is always a scope of improvement in ISP’s planning and working, but it’s also true that BSNL also spent a lot of funds from 2009-10 onwards on below:
- Telecom lines expansion,
- Equipment purchases,
- 3G & BWA Spectrum prices,
- Licence fees,
- ERP ESS launch,
- CDR CRM projects, Broadband penetration,
- NIB Projects upgradation,
- NGN launch,
- 2nd PRC implementation with huge 30% Fitment,
- FTTH Project rollout,
- Wifi Hotspots installation,
- Maintaining loss making Rural Telephony,
- Corporate Social Responsibility Activities,
- BSNL Apps Introduction,
- OFC (Fiber) layout in Pan-India,
- Security of the network,
- Digital India initiatives,
- Building IP Networks,
- Backhaul enhancement through purchase of International bandwidth,
- Suffering from fierce competition in Telecom market from small & large players,
- Social Media activities & Customer care (Twitter & Facebook),
- Regular Recruitment processes,
- Employment generation & Salaries to 2 lakhs Staff,
- Maintaining world class Telecom Training institutes,
- Non commercial & financial viable essential Communication services in many places,
- Tolerating Cable cuts & thefts/loss,
- 100 other similar projects/startups consuming our financial resources.
All the private telecom operators is having a huge debt of above 4,26,000 crore rupees (Airtel : 1,06,000 crores, Voda Idea : 1,20,000 Crores Jio : 2,00,000 Crores etc), but others are trying for weakening the organisation and concentrates only on BSNL loss, which is the lowest in the industry at 13,000 crore, and have to be cleared within a short time, if approved for expansions and clearance of debts.
Recently after new Government formation and under the guidance of Hon’ble Telecom Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Ji, BSNL concentrates on every aspect and with best team management, PSU increasing the customer reach with strong marketing in every BSNL LSA / Circle and energising its own team by dislocating the myth that old PSU culture from them and Roars into Profits within a short time.
BSNL is our peoples company and 100 government organization committed for the best service in nation, so be a part in spreading the actuals but not spreading the negative, If Anything wrong in the above, we request you to please check and correct through our below comments menu.