What is Industry 4.0? How BSNL provides this Industry 4.0 Services and which companies involved in these services and how many years they will continue to provide. Deadline to provide Industry 4.0 Services by BSNL? Who will benefit with this and the future of Indian Industry?
Industry 4.0, the fourth industrial revolution, is the current trend of automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies. Industry 4.0 is driven by connectivity where computers are connected and communicate with one another to ultimately make decisions without human involvement.
A combination of cyber-physical systems computer controlled robots and machinery, the Internet of Things and the Internet of Systems are the main factors for Industry 4.0 and consequently the concept of Smart factory.
There is immense Business opportunities for Industry 4.0 / Private LTE for BSNL for the digitization strategy of many enterprises, such as, manufacturing plants, Heavy industries, mines, refineries, warehouses, cargo terminals, public transportation hubs, Airports, Public Gatherings (Mela),big sports events etc.
How BSNL Supports Industry 4.0 Services
- Provides high performance wireless connectivity with high uplink and downlink data rates and low latency, as is needed for bandwidth-hungry and highly interactive applications such as, professional augmented reality and virtual reality applications.
- Installs hundreds of simultaneous active connections per base station, paired with the highest spectral efficiency of common communication systems.
- Checks Optimal reliability for critical communications due to uncontested spectrum, sophisticated quality of service mechanisms and interference management techniques, and carrier-grade system reliability.
- Provide Seamless mobility based on the fast and robust LTE handover mechanisms, as is needed for reliably controlling driverless vehicles and drones on an enterprise campus.
- Launches Multi-layer security with isolation from the public LTE network providing SIM based authentication, ciphering and encryption of user data, and local data routing, which is needed for video surveillance and transfer of sensitive data records.
- Provides Excellent coverage based on the long ranges that LTE base stations support, which needs for large facilities, e.g. ports, plants, depots, terminals, etc..
Benefits to BSNL after succesful implementation of Industry 4.0 Services
BSNL will be the first will be first of its kind Asia pacific, Africa and Oceania region and the successful implementation of Industry 4.0 services going to generate immense positive feedback for BSNL & will be duly advertised, marketed by Nokia in India as well as Global reference in Trade shows, Trade Talks and multiple industry forums and Nokia will present BSNL as its partner in The Project.
In part of implementation BSNL can over other instances post Nokia’s deployment can have potential additional revenue stream based on :
- Having the Fixed monthly revenue based on number of SIM’s being utilized.
- Earns high fixed monthly rentals on Leased line provided to an Enterprise.
- Creating possibilities to getting a deployment site within Enterprise premise with zero rental & zero security obligation.
- Having a chance about the huge possibility of addressing diverse Industry level orchestration in sectors like mining, manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Space Research, Railways, Security forces, Manufacturing, Enterprise Public Safety in following domain
- Connectivity of Testers and Machines etc and in manufacturing environment to centralized Manufacturing Server. (as replacement to traditional Ethernet cable and superiority of LTE over Wifi as wireless connectivity media for machines).
- Goo tracking of Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGV) in Manufacturing floor.
- Best Augmented reality (AR) applications for Operators guidance.
- Proving BSNL Mobile Edge Computing functionalities.
- Push to talk applications for group of stakeholders in Manufacturing floor.
Finally improving the brand value of BSNL.
Benefits to Nokia
- Always Enables Business-to-Consumer (B2C) use-cases and Leverages localized content and environment context.
- Providing and Improves coverage, security and quality of experience with Reduced backhaul and core network load and significantly improves latency.
BSNL has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M/s Nolda on 16th October 2016 for Industry 4.0 standards and deployment in India. As per MoU, the industry 4.0 has already been implemented at Nokia manufacturing Plant, Chennai. This partnership is first of its kind in Asia pacific, Africa and Oceania region. It will generate immense positive feedback for BSNL in India as well as globally.